Contacting Aviation Product Support
Call toll free at 1-866-739-5687. Aviation product support hours are Monday through Friday, 7AM - 7PM (Central Time). Closed weekends and holidays.
Search our database of helpful, device-specific FAQs here.
How do I log in?
Log in on the home page using your myGarmin username and password. If you don't have a myGarmin account, it's quick and free to get one by visiting here. If you have a myGamin account, we can help you if you've forgotten your username or password.
Having problems with the website?
Our site works best with recent versions of these browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8 or higher (some features may only work with version 9 or higher)
To update your aviation databases, you must meet the minimum requirements for at least one of these update methods:
flyGarmin for Windows Minimum Requirements
- Windows Vista or higher
- Microsoft .NET 4 Client Profile (included)
- 1 GB RAM
- High speed Internet access (Not for use with dial-up, mobile or satellite connections)
Garmin Communicator Plugin Minimum Requirements (older web-based method)
- Windows XP or higher / Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Firefox 3.6+, Safari 5.0+, or IE 7.0+
- Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are not supported
Alternative Update Method Requirements
- Windows only
What do the icons mean?
The icons are intended to provide a very simple indication of the status of your equipment.
- Everything is up to date and ready to go.
- Something here is worth your attention, such as a database which is about to expire.
- Something is expired or otherwise indicating an important problem.
- There is no status to report on this.
- This item contains information that you might find useful for your device.
What is the "Critical" checkbox for?
The colored icons (above) are applied to your devices and aircraft based on whether that device (or all the devices in an aircraft) appears to be up-to-date. If databases are expiring, the status of the expiring database will be marked yellow, and the device the database is on will also be marked yellow. This lets you know at a glance something needs your attention.
However, you may decide that some databases are not "critical" enough to have its status affect the whole device or aircraft. To make it so the status of that database does not affect the colored icon for a device or aircraft, just uncheck the "Critical" checkbox.
To include a database into the overall status, make sure the "Critical" checkbox is checked.
How do I connect my device?
- First, you must have the Garmin Communicator web browser plug-in installed for this web site to work with your devices. You can check to see if it is properly installed by visiting this page.
- For a portable device, just plug in the USB or serial cable into the device and into the computer.
- For the Terrain card reader or an SD card reader, just plug its USB cable into the computer and insert the card.
Why can't I add my portable device?
- First make sure the device is properly connected (see help topic above).
- You can add your device manually here, but database updates will not work unless you correctly enter your Unit ID.
- Call Aviation Product Support toll free at 1-866-739-5687.
What if I bought a subscription on the previous Garmin aviation web site?
Just click "Get Database" for that database and enter the "Password" you were given from your previous purchase.
Why can't I update my 4xx/5xx Navigation Data here?
4xx/5xx Navigation Data databases need to be updated using Jeppesen's JSUM application. Find out more about Jeppesen Services Update Manager.
Where do I type in my Unlock Code?
You don't need to anymore! The installer web page takes care of that for you. However, if you still want it, it's available by clicking on the manual install page for a database.
Where can I report an aviation data error?
Please report possible errors in our aviation data using the form found here.