Downloading databases to my portable aviation device
To update a portable aviation device with current databases, please visit our website fly.Garmin.com and follow the steps below.
- Sign into your flyGarmin account
- Click on the devices tab
- If the device has not been added to flygarmin, click on the Add Device Button
- Select the device, from the list of devices, that is to be added to the flygarmin account
- Enter the unit ID of the device (Finding the unit ID on an aviation device), and click the Add Device button
- Click on the newly added portable device and then click the Buy Databases button
- Click on the region on the map that you will be flying
- Select a subscription type (Annual, Single Updates, or Bundles)
- Click the Add to Cart button next to the database subscription you want to purchase
- Once the database purchase is complete, click the Install Updates button located to the right of the device. If a bundle was purchased, you must first click the "Required Action: Redeem OnePak" button to activate the bundle subscription, and then click the Install Updates button.
- Choose either Update Expired Databases or Reinstall All Databases option
- Verify that the databases to be installed have a check mark to the left of the them
- Click the Launch Flygarmin Desktop button to launch Flygarmin for Windows or Flygarmin for Mac
- Follow the instructions on the Flygarmin Desktop application to download and install the databases.
1If needed, the USB drivers can be downloaded here: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=591